Re: Flooding SVN with upstream code

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Steffen Moeller wrote:

this is very reasonable. Please check out a description at our wiki page
wiki.debian.org/Debian-Med  on how to work with svn-buildpackage. What is
missing is a little howto on how to use quilt with svn-buildpackage together.

So if I understand this right my suggestion was not that bad.  The Wiki
just contains a further method (besides

      make -f debian/rules get-orig-source

to obtain the original source:

      apt-get source --tar-only clustalw

(BTW, if you want to have a look into the rules file of gnumed-client

    http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnumed-client/trunk/debian/rules?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

you see a method how to use get-orig-source without changing debian/rules
for different upstream source versions.)

Do you think we should ask maintainers to get rid of the upstream sources
from SVN?