Re: [Help] Please try to compile volpack with pdebuild

Am Freitag, den 03.08.2007, 14:20 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Daniel Leidert wrote:
>
> > ... the log alerady tells, what's going wrong. m4 is missing (see the
> > configure output and the errors thrown, when m4 is called).
>
> Ahhhh, thanks for reading out loudly what my computer wanted to tell
> me.  Sometimes I need this. ;-)
>
> > However, there are implicit declarations, that should be fixed upstream.
> > You should further suggest to remove all the unused variables. To my
> > experience, it's better to suggest it by sending a patch :)
>
> Well, for tactical reasons I want upstream accept the automake patches
> first, that are really comfortable for building dynamic and static
> library.  Once this is done we should try to come up with the polishing
> stuff.

Ah ok, may I give you some hints about your files?

(1) configure.in

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(volpack, 1.0b3)
This macro usage is obsolete. This macro should be used to set the
warning level and other automake-related options (like e.g. the
necessary automake version and similar). However the latter can also be
set with AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS in Makefile.am.

AC_OUPUT([...])
This is deprecated. You better use:
AC_CONFIG_FILES([... all the files ...])
AC_OUTPUT

(2) Makefile.am

Are you sure, you want to redefine all-recursive? Local targets are
available with the -local suffix. So the target should probably be
`all-local:'. But why do you need this target? You simply need to set

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libvolpack.la

which you already do at the beginning. BTW: What is the SUPPORT variable
used for?

(3) examples/Makefile.am

Should test.csh be run befoore making a distribution? Then you should
play with TESTS and TESTS_ENVIRONMENT variables or the check(-local)
target.

Regards, Daniel