Re: Report from Libre Software Meeting

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 06:02:38PM +0200, RKI Andreas wrote:

>   2. There are thre interesting free programs for radiology imaging:
>      Osirix (unfortunately runs only on Mac, any porters???), xmedcon
>      (which we have)
GNUmed already uses both if they are installed.

> and amide (http://amide.sourceforge.net/) which
>      we perhaps should have.
According to its website it supports viewing DICOM data
which we need in GNUmed. We currently use xmedcon to
"support" viewing radiology images on DICOM CD's brought
along by patients but is more of a stop-gap measure.

Looking at the screenshots, yes, we DO want AMIDE.

>      I have not yet decided whether I would like to be the official
>      amide maintainer.  We currently have xmedcon and thus I regard
>      finishing gnumed-server packages more important and will do this
>      first, but perhaps somebody wants to step in because most of the
>      work of packaging seems to be done - perhaps some questions
>      on debian-devel or debian-mentors will solve the
As far as I can judge from the AMIDE website, it is superior
to what xmedcon can offer.

>      In any case I see a bidirectional way for cooperation:  Authors
>      of other practice management systems might be able to learn
>      from this project and the authors of MedinTux might be
>      interested in steps that might lead to more internationalisation.
>      (I hope some GNUmed people might give some input about their
>      view of abstraction from medical record and country specific
>      health system.)
If anyone is interested in doing any real work I'd be happy
to give my thoughts.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346