Packaging Staden for Debian - starting with io_lib

Hi,

as it was discussed in the previous mails about Staden it seems to be
a harder work to finally get a package from it.  I tend to break hard
works into pieces and I think the first piece might be to move on
with io_lib.

It was discussed that it might be an option to distribute io_lib separately
and thus I downloaded the separate io_lib tarball and added libtool.  As
I said I have no idea at all and no real chance to verify whether this
works acceptable under Windows.  On the other hand I see no reason why it
should not and thus I putted my work under

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/io_lib/

The tarball io_lib-1.10.2lt.tar.gz (note the extension 'lt' for libtool)
contains changed autoconf/automake related stuff to use libtool.  The
autogenerated files jut blow it up to nearly the original size which
sucks a little bit IMHO but is finally no real harm.  The file
libtool.diff.gz contains the complete diff which probably makes no
sense because of the mostly autogenerated files.  If needed I could send
a patch what was really changed and which commands are creating all
the other stuff.

The package nicely creates libread.a and libread.so.0.0.0 (well here
we need probably some polishing of SONAME version numbers) and does
dynamic linking against this library for the provided programs.  This
should work for any UNIXish system.  I would be happy if someone
could verify whether this also works under Windows satisfyingly.
James, in case it would do so, would you think it is a good idea
to distribute io_lib (preferably with a better name) separately
from Staden?