Re: Pakaging Staden for Debian

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Tim Cutts wrote:

It is of course not unheard of for Debian packages to use CVS checkouts rather than formal releases, although you'd need to both do that, and persuade the incrTcl Debian maintainer to include James' patch as well.

You are perfectly right that CVS versions are released - it's just that
I wanted to sort out whether this is a reasonable solution to our problem.
If the incrTcl Debian maintainer would accept to do so it sounds quite
probable that he will also include a necessary patch.  I have just no
idea about all this TCL/TK stuff and had to verify that I'm proposing
something that makes sense to the maintainer.