Re: Considering hijacking bioperl.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

With a growing number of applications depending on bioperl in Debian, I
think that we will have internal cues to decide about when doing
further transitions.

If you ask me we should go for a transition as soon as possible to
give us enough time to sort out problems with packages that might
not be compatible with this higher version.  These applications tend
to have a small user base and thus we have not many testers so we
should try to get enough time before Lenny freezes.