Re: R-Tools for Debian-Med

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 08:23:08 Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Le Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:50:08AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just added two R-tools for epidemiologists to the "medical research"
> >> part of our TODO list:
> >>
> >>   EpiTools:     http://www.epitools.net/
> >>   Surveillance:
> >> http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~hoehle/software/surveillance/

> > It seems that there is an effort to autobuild the whole R archive into
> > .deb pacakges. Is there any plan to make then official packages ?
>
> I have no idea.

> > I am
> > also interested in some packages, but would not work on them if they are
> > to be autobuild two month later...

I cannot add much to what David has already applied. We hope to reach a state
with the automated packaging such that the .debs are difficult to distinguish
from manually prepared ones. To get to this level does involve some human
interventaion - and if it is only to extend the description a bit. Anyone
with an R package very close to his/her heart is invited to help improving
the automated build process. The patches are stored along the code in the scm
and will be reused in future builds.

So please - feel invited to join in.

Steffen