Re: R-Tools for Debian-Med

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

Le Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:50:08AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
Hi,

I just added two R-tools for epidemiologists to the "medical research"
part of our TODO list:

  EpiTools:     http://www.epitools.net/
  Surveillance: http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~hoehle/software/surveillance/

You might find these tools soon on the web pages and I think I will
care for ITPs and packages as well after DebConf and LSM.
It seems that there is an effort to autobuild the whole R archive into
.deb pacakges. Is there any plan to make then official packages ?

I have no idea.

I am
also interested in some packages, but would not work on them if they are
to be autobuild two month later...

Perhaps asking on a Debian R related list - but I was not able to
fine one on lists.debian.org.  If I hear about Debian and R my first
thought is allways Dirk Eddelbuettel (in CC) who most probably will
have some clue what might be the best idea.  My personal time scale
until the projects above are packaged is "end of summer".  If this
fits the time scale for automatic CRAN packaging this will be fine
if not I think I have to learn something about packaging R modules -
well, perhaps "learning" here would mean to test whether I'm able
to follow the instructions you gave in this URL

http://wiki.debian.org/AliothPkgBioc