Re: R-Tools for Debian-Med

Dear all,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 08:23:08AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote :
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> >Le Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:50:08AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I just added two R-tools for epidemiologists to the "medical research"
> >>part of our TODO list:
> >>
> >>  EpiTools:     http://www.epitools.net/
> >>  Surveillance: http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~hoehle/software/surveillance/
> >>
> >>You might find these tools soon on the web pages and I think I will
> >>care for ITPs and packages as well after DebConf and LSM.
> >It seems that there is an effort to autobuild the whole R archive into
> >.deb pacakges. Is there any plan to make then official packages ?
>
> I have no idea.
>
> >I am
> >also interested in some packages, but would not work on them if they are
> >to be autobuild two month later...
I will try to make an "unofficial" summarise of the pkg-bioc project.
Well we have currently more than 1750 uptodate available packages in two
flavours (i386 & AMD64). (Cran & Bioc & Omegahat). The PPC builds is
working, but my only PPC computers is very slow for the packaging
(PB PPCG3 600MHz).
The packages are currently on Alioth (after asking the Alioth
maintainers). But we are looking forward to some mirror (space & bandwidth
facilities) before making an official announcement.

> Perhaps asking on a Debian R related list - but I was not able to
> fine one on lists.debian.org.  If I hear about Debian and R my first
> thought is allways Dirk Eddelbuettel (in CC) who most probably will
> have some clue what might be the best idea.  My personal time scale
> until the projects above are packaged is "end of summer".  If this
> fits the time scale for automatic CRAN packaging this will be fine
> if not I think I have to learn something about packaging R modules -
> well, perhaps "learning" here would mean to test whether I'm able
> to follow the instructions you gave in this URL
>
> >http://wiki.debian.org/AliothPkgBioc

If you want more informations, just ask us (or join us),
Kind regards,

David