Re: RFS: emboss-explorer

Hi all,

just quick comments:

Le Thu, May 17, 2007 at 08:24:13PM +0200, David Paleino a écrit :

> Uhm. A problem. I've deleted the emboss-explorer dir by a "rm -r", so... I'm
> trying to checkout the repository again, and "svn delete" it. I hope it works :-P

It worked, thanks. And the new repository in the pkg-emboss project was
correctly created. You can subscribe to the commit list if you are
interested.

> >> 1. the cgi-bin issue has been resolved. Now "emboss" (which is the cgi
> >> emboss-explorer uses) is no more in /var/www/cgi-bin, but in
> >> /usr/lib/cgi-bin
> >
> > I didn't see this on your last upload. /var/www/cgi-bin/emboss is
> > still there and there is an empty dir on the final .deb:
> > /usr/lib/perl5/
>
> Fixed.

Since /usr/lib is normally to host architecture-dependant executables, I
have a doubt about this location. I would strongly recommend to inspect
other packages and/or ask on -mentors...

> > You need to add a Build-Depends-Indep: on debian/control and move
> > perl, xsltproc, docbook-xsl, docbook-xml, libparse-recdescent-perl,
> > libmailtools-perl from Build-Depends to Build-Depends-Indep, since
> > they are used to build an arch independent package only.
>
> Fixed too.

Note that perl is Build-Essential: yes :)

About the perl modules, although I have not tested yet, I am tempted to
use the ACD parser to build some man page from the ACD files (which
describe the options taken by an EMBOSS program). Therfore, I would need
to build-depend on this module... Can you give it its own binary
package? (For the EMBOSS::CGI one, I am not yet sure if it would be
useful...).

I will test the package this week-end. Ah, a last question: where is the
"install-script" in the debian directory from?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org