Re: RFS: emboss-explorer

Nelson A. de Oliveira ha scritto:
> Hi David!

Hi :-)

>> I don't really know how to do it ;-)
>
> To remove it from Debian-Med's SVN you will use "svn delete" on the
> emboss-explorer/ dir and "svn commit". And you have injected it on the
> wrong dir! :-)
> See http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med

Uhm. A problem. I've deleted the emboss-explorer dir by a "rm -r", so... I'm
trying to checkout the repository again, and "svn delete" it. I hope it works :-P

> And then inject it to Emboss repository, like you did before.

What is the url of Emboss repository?

> And you can remove ${shlibs:Depends} from the Depends line of
> debian/control.

Done.

>> 1. the cgi-bin issue has been resolved. Now "emboss" (which is the cgi
>> emboss-explorer uses) is no more in /var/www/cgi-bin, but in
>> /usr/lib/cgi-bin
>
> I didn't see this on your last upload. /var/www/cgi-bin/emboss is
> still there and there is an empty dir on the final .deb:
> /usr/lib/perl5/

Fixed.

>> 3. the HTML documents issue: I don't know how to solve this.
>> /usr/share/doc/emboss-explorer is being populated by dh_installdocs, I
>> cannot
>> just make a link, as I did before. At the moment, in fact, the deb
>> package comes
>> with a symlink from /usr/share/EMBOSS/doc/html/emboss/apps/ to
>> /var/www/emboss/manual (the source dir is provided by emboss-doc). How
>> should I
>> behave now? I can't make a for-loop to look at each file in the source
>> dir,
>> because emboss-doc might be not installed. The best solution would be
>> to symlink
>> the source dir to /usr/share/doc/emboss-explorer/ but, again, it's a
>> _real dir_
>> populated by dh_installdocs. Suggestions are welcome :-)
>
> This part I didn't understand very well :-(

Ok, ok, I'll reassume everything.
The "webapp policy" (let's call it this way) states that the webapp
documentation should be put into /usr/share/doc/<package-name>/. But this is a
directory created by dh_installdocs. Now, emboss-explorer doesn't have any
documentation: it merely links the docs provided by emboss-doc. Now, what I did
is creating a symlink /var/www/emboss/manual/ pointing to the docs installed by
emboss-doc (i.e. /usr/share/EMBOSS/doc/html/emboss/apps/). This way, if
emboss-doc is installed, then everything's fine. Otherwise, there will just be a
broken symlink, nothing else.
Now to the real issue. I know _for sure_ that the directory emboss-doc creates
is the one I wrote before (/usr/share/EMBOSS/.../apps), so I can symlink it
*even if it doesn't exist*.

The policy wants me to put everything into /usr/share/doc/<package-name>. Now, I
have two choices:
1) symlink /usr/share/doc/<package-name>/html to the dir provided by emboss-doc.
So the documentation would be available as
http://localhost/doc/emboss-explorer/html;
2) symlink each file into the dir provided by emboss-doc into
/usr/share/doc/<package-name>. But here's the question: I don't know the
filenames present into that dir: they might change, be deleted, new ones added
and so on.

I would prefer solution 1). Solution 2) wouldn't be easily maintainable, but I'm
accepting suggestions ;-) (the archive I'm uploading currently uses solution 1.)

> debian/changelog still says "unstable" :-)

Done now.

> You need to add a Build-Depends-Indep: on debian/control and move
> perl, xsltproc, docbook-xsl, docbook-xml, libparse-recdescent-perl,
> libmailtools-perl from Build-Depends to Build-Depends-Indep, since
> they are used to build an arch independent package only.

Fixed too.

Now the only issue is about the docs.

> Best regards,
> Nelson