Re: (user-)Tagging ITPs

Le Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:02:12AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> So my understanding ist that I could either do
>
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=debian-med     or
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-med@lists.debian.org
>
> with the same result.  Is this right?

Actually, if I understand correctly, the usertags are invisible as long
as the user is not specified. Thus,

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=mathematics
or
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=mathematics

do not find anything, whereas

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=mathematics;users=debian-science@lists.debian.org

finds two packages. Said differently, the usertags are private.

Unfortunately, in my understanding, this means that one could only look
for "biology" packages in the context of users=one_particular_email,
which is a bit frustrating if we want to share usertags. That is why I
proposed as a workaround to use one user only. I do not know if using a
non-email adress would work and if it would make trouble to the bts.

On the other hand, other CDDs nor debian-science made a recent use of
usertags, so the simplest for the moment would be to use them for our
purpose.

> PS: Apropos tagging: Even more important than tagging the ITPs would be
>     to start working on debtags.

Agreed. All I am waiting for is a devel-announce telling debtags are mature
and summarizing how packagers and users can use them. If other persons
in debian-med are interested, we could discuss in a separate thread
about how to have a good start. It is just too easy to have 30 % done
the first week, 40 % the second, 42 % the third, and then forget about
debtags because nobody else uses them. On the other hand, If we are
enough to commit to implement them properly in debian-med, this can
motivate other developpers to follow the mouvement, thus giving a sense
to our work.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles