Re: Debian-Med Suggestion: DVTk?

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 11:16:14AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> thanks for your hint.  Because I think there is nothing private in
> your mail I just foreward it to the public Debian-Med mailing list.
>
> It would be interested if you would be more explicite on the
> license.  Open-Source does not mean it has a free license that
> is necessary for including a project into Debian.  The Sourceforge
> page just says "none listed".

Hi Andreas and Debian-Med,

I was not sure about the license myself, but according to
http://www.dvtk.org/, it is "available under the GNU Lesser General Public
License."

One concern that occurred to me after I sent that suggestion was that I
think this may be primarily a Windows tool.  However, as it uses .NET, it
may be possible to run it on top of Mono.  I have not tried this myself
yet.

Thanks for your time,

--
	Paul