Re: Debian-Med in Murmansk.

> While I personally share your opinion of the programming language in use
> you just have to decide whether you need something working *now* for
> your hospital in Murmansk or you want to discuss theoretical programming
> language issues.

I only answered a question posed, this has nothing to do with our options,
or with the Murmansk project, and are only my personal opinions on
programming languages. Care2x seems to be useful to us.

> It certainly depends what you need in your hospital.The Debian-Med web pages
> do list other alternatives.

Indeed it does, and some options that exist are not listed. PING, f.ex.
(http://ping.chip.org/).

> Remark for the Care2x integration into Debian.In February last year I
> sended a todo-list to the authors what has to be done for proper packaging.
> ( http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/care2x/debian/README.at and
>  http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/care2x/debian/README.debian )
> I did not checked out the latest version of Care2x but because I got no
> answer I guess from a Debian-integration point of view not much has happened.
> So the stuff you can find at
>
>    http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/care2x/
>
> seems to be way outdated but if somebody likes to continue from this point
> it would be greatly appreciated.

We have a person looking at this. Unfortunately we have to prioritize
making simple packages we can use ourselves before making an effort to
package it properly for Debian. We will however try the best we can to
share our experiences, and I will report as we proceed.

Thank you for the README's, I have sent them to our developer.

-- Vegard Munthe
   FAIR International Operations