Re: gff2ps

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Steffen Moeller wrote:

I think your README.Debian should point to the alternative implementation.
BioPerl does not offer the example as a ready-to-use application.
Alternatively you might give the upstream authors of gff2ps a hint that
they might be able to save a lot of work by using BioPerl.  There are perhaps
two reasons which let me wonder about the quality of gff2ps:

  1. The long pure shell script code (as I mentioned in my previous mail)
  2. The fact of invalid PS output you mentioned.

Perhaps they could solve both two problems by rewriting their work with
BioPerl.  I do not think that an installation of BioPerl is a problem on
these days computers.  From a Debian-Med point of view you install bioperl
by med-bio-dev and gff2ps would be included into med-bio but we should
think about this dependencies once we decided about a reasonable solution
with gff2ps.