Re: [jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu: [Rd] Bioconductor 1.1 Released]

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Matt Hope wrote:

> I suppose this may be a good time for me to put my head up and offer
> to take this on. I've had a couple of communications with people about
> doing this. I somehow suspect that there would be a lot of
> Bioinformatics (related and specific) software that would be good to
> include into Debian - I think this would tie in well with Bdale's
> "Debian Universe" idea
Definitely.  I guess you refer to some talk at debconf 4 which I
did not attend unfortunately, but I had some private talks with
Bdale in Malaga and can imagine what you are refering to.

> I'd also be happy to sponsor potential Debian Developers who are
> interested in Bioinformatics with these packages.
Fine.  If I'm not completely missleded Stefen had prepared
some packages for sponsoring (Steffen now in CC - sorry Steffen,
I forgot you in the previous mails).  So would you go for it.
I'd like to stay a little bit behind here because I have no
idea about R (even if I definitely should).