Re: [jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu: [Rd] Bioconductor 1.1 Released]

[Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> - 07:28 Wednesday Nov 20]:

> What we'd need at this point is a Debian Developer who is fairly familiar
> with bioinformatics and willing to cover the bioconductor angle -- this is
> best done by people actually using the software.

I suppose this may be a good time for me to put my head up and offer
to take this on. I've had a couple of communications with people about
doing this. I somehow suspect that there would be a lot of
Bioinformatics (related and specific) software that would be good to
include into Debian - I think this would tie in well with Bdale's
"Debian Universe" idea, and with the help of Quantian could become a
very useful Bioinformatics Workstation package.

I'd also be happy to sponsor potential Debian Developers who are
interested in Bioinformatics with these packages.

--
 Matt Hope <matth@unsw.edu.au>
 (network administrator, bioinformatics)