Re: Permission to use LINKAGE descriptions...

Dear Professor Ott,

   The FASTLINK package that would use some of your documentation
would be part of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution which is available
for free on the internet and is freely copyable but one may charge a
fee to make copies if he or she wants.

   Debian has prepared a web page that describes this further:

           http://www.debian.org/intro/free

   When a user installs the FASTLINK package, the manual pages are
installed along with the programs (i.e. binary executables) themselves
and there are no extra fees involved.

   In short, if a user has access to the internet, then there are no
fees involved. On the other hand, if a user needs to purchase Compact
Disks of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution to install on his or her
computer, for example, then there may be a fee for the disks and
service of copying the software but these are usually small.

   This web page goes into more detail and provides links to vendors:

           http://www.debian.org/distrib/

Thank you,

Elizabeth