Re: Permission to use LINKAGE descriptions...

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Jurg Ott wrote:

> Dear Ms. Barham,
>
> May I first ask a question -- will people have free access to these
> documents or are there any fees involved?
The Debian GNU/Linux distribution is obliged to Free Software and all
stuff which is included in Debian has to be free.  It is not possible
to distribute non-free software for Debian and thus the case is absolutely
clear.  In fact we would like it very much if you would include the
manpages we are creating in the upstream version of the fastlink
package.

That's why the manpages created by Debian developers normally end
with the sentence:

   This manual page was written by [Developer] <email@of.the.developer>,
   for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).

To learn more about Debian GNU/Linux please read

         http://www.debian.org/

To learn more about the Debian-Med project you could read

         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy