WHO and Epi-Info

Andreas __

Have you thought of approaching the World Health Organisation (WHO) for
sponsorship and/or project sanctioning or other indirect forms of
support?

They have provided a great deal of support over the years for the
production and dissemination of the Epi-Info project (I used to teach
medical staff how to use it ten years or more ago) -- but although the
software itself is free, the source code appears to be jealously guarded
by those who provide the M$ disk images, and so I've never seen a Un*x
version around (although I believe one exists).

It is certainly a major piece of software which should be incorporated
into any Free Med project -- the sticking point at the moment is access
to the source code.  But as WHO are the owners (if I understand
correctly), this should not be an insurmountable problem; even tho' most
leads do seem to point to CDC and others in Georgia.

(Any Epi-Info users in this group?)

And on a totally unrelated topic, has anyone come up with a GPLed
library of anatomical drawings / diagrams for teaching use, do you know?
--
Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk> gpg key 01269BEB @ the.earth.li

   "Glastonbury could be a real spiritual centre, but it will only be
    pretension until it lives its beliefs"  --  Michael Perry