Re: some remarcs to your project debian-med

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Rune Linding - EMBL Biocomputing Unit wrote:

> >   1. Include Bio-Debian into Debian-Med and make it a separate section
> >      or something else.  There is a section named "Medical Research"
> >      which contains a subsection "Microbiology".  We could shift this
> >      stuff to a place to make it more visible for users to notice
>

> bioinformatics and biocomputing dosent fit in that category so i think
> its a very bad solution
I agree with you with the exception of "very" ;-).
It can't be so bad because I'm working on a medical institute and
I was aked to package such softare.  So there is *some* need in health
care related projects.

> >   2. I just could place a hint to the Debian-Bio project and leave this
> >      stuff out from Debian-Med.
> better solution although i would like to hear the rest of the lists
> opinions.....
I suggest to remove this stuff once the Debian-Bio project (or whatever
is called is started).  I think there is no problem if there is some
work done on this stuff in Debian-Med.

> most are not dead but in 'bug fixing only' phase....and i dont mind they
But "bug fixing only" should not mean that the authors do not reply
to questions or bug reports.  :-(

> go in 'non-free' as long as they go in debian....
Sometimes it is hard to convince people to avoid broken licenses.
This is one hard part for Debian-Med and Debian-Bio.

> i think there will be some scripting to do which actually make the
> project a bit more fun...for the databases...
Please explain what you have in mind here.