Using Salsa-CI as pre-upload QA for Bullseye and Buster uploads: Lintian and Piuparts

Hi!

I was wondering how common is it for DDs to use Salsa-CI while doing
quality assurance prior to Bullseye and Buster uploads?

I have been using Salsa-CI since many years back, and the MariaDB
releases in Buster and Bullseye were done during the Salsa-CI era, and
I continue to run Salsa-CI for branches bullseye[1] and buster[2]
prior to upload.

I do however have some challenges that some of the build jobs don't
honor the RELEASE variable. For example Lintian is run with the latest
2.115 version and not the Bullseye/Buster version, so it leads to
failures that are not actual regressions.

Is it worthwhile to push for Salsa-CI to be compatible with stable
release maintenance use cases too?

- Otto

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-10.5/-/commits/bullseye
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-10.3/-/commits/buster