Re: [Pkg-phototools-devel] Jessie update of libexif?

Hi Mike,

On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 14:21, Hugh McMaster wrote:

> On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 00:55, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>>
>> Personally, it probably makes more sense for the new stretch version to
>> be +deb9u3, built on top of the already uploaded package (and similar
>> for buster) with a second release.d.o bug describing the new fixes.
>>
>> You /can/ re-use the version if that would be preferable, as the
>> package is still in (old)stable-new right now, but that will require a
>> reject+reupload cycle, and presumably corresponding re-tag on the git
>> side.
>
> Good to know, but by the sound of things, incrementing is going to cleaner and quicker.

I've prepared debdiffs for Jessie (0.6.21-2+deb9u3), Stretch
(0.6.21-2+deb9u3) and Buster (0.6.21-5.1+deb10u3) with fixes for the
three new CVEs.

If you have time, I'd appreciate your help in once again uploading and
completing the relevant documentation.

Please note: I've replaced one of the CVE patches added to Jessie in
the previous release because I included the wrong patch by mistake.

I'm following Adam's suggestion and incrementing the Debian package
version. I will also submit bugs for Stretch and Buster.

Thanks,

Hugh