Re: Thoughts on Xen updates in LTS

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 11:24:02PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> besides what Moritz said...
>
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 01:37:14PM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > > have you done this in coordination with credative who were working on that before?
> > I did not coordinate with Credativ.  In the past, the xen package always
> > showed as "claimed" by Credativ in dla-needed.txt.  I interpreted the
> > presence of xen in dla-needed.txt unclaimed, along with the absence of
> > updates over the last 5-6 months, as indication that the work was not
> > being done by anyone else.
>
> right, i'm not sure why Credativ was removed from this entry, cc:ing
> Waldi for clarification.
>
> > If I should have coordinated, I apologize.
>
> I just checked the lts git repo and the security tracker one, and there was
> no trace indicating that credativ was working on this, so I don't think
> an apology is needed/warranted here..

Cool.  I'm glad I didn't overlook something along the way.

> > With whom should I
> > communicate to ensure that I don't do duplicate work?  Or would it be
> > better if I simply stopped working on the package?
>
> I think Moritz has a point when he said what he said...

I agree.  I suspect that I would have arrived at that same conclusion
after looking at a few more of the pending vulnerabilities.  Since he
has now saved me the trouble (thanks Moritz), tomorrow I will start the
process of making Xen in jessie EOL.

I will check back with the list members before I commit/push anything
related to that.

Regards,

-Roberto

--