Re: New list: lts-do-call-me

Hello Sylvain,

Am 17.07.19 um 12:56 schrieb Sylvain Beucler:
[...]
> Would you be so kind as to update the wiki
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development
> to clarify what front-desk needs to do / not to do?

I have updated the paragraph about "Contact the maintainer".

> I'm not sure what the workflow is (notify maintainer and add to
> dla-needed.txt stating so? not add to dla-needed until maintainer acked?
> also how to detect when a package maintainer changed and hence
> lts-do-call-me needs to be updated / new maintainer asked for their
> preference?).

Just add the package to dla-needed.txt together with a note that
documents when you contacted the maintainer. Then wait for a response
and act accordingly, either by updating the note with new information or
by removing the package again, if the maintainer feels no update is
required.

If the maintainer changed then we have to ask the new maintainer for
his/her preferences again. Detecting maintainers who want to be added to
lts-do-call-me is indeed quite difficult. We want to avoid to send out
emails to all maintainers again. But there are only very few who want to
be added to this list anyway, so it is more a matter of instincts, tact
and common sense and often they will contact us anyway.

> Last, do we drop 'lts-do-no-call'?

I suggest to keep it, just to make sure that we never contact those
maintainers by accident.

Regards,

Markus