Re: recent DLAs not yet on www.debian.org

Am 04.03.19 um 13:35 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 01:22:27PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:

>> but I don't really
>> think that this is an efficient way. I doubt this is the workflow of the security team.
>
> the most efficient way is surely if you were to apply to become a member
> of webmaster-team on salsa, so you can push yourself.

I have done the same as Hugo now and submitted several merge requests and asked
for team membership. Steve just granted those permissions. Thanks!

> that said, (DLA) merge requests are usually merged very quickly by
> either some "real" webmaster-team members and then I also check those
> merge requests daily (and merge them if needed).
>
> I'm not sure how DSAs end up in webwml.git, indeed the commits are not
> coming from the people releasing the DSAs. If someone wants to work on
> improving the tooling/automatisation this is surely welcome.
>
> For now, I've made LTS/Development#Publishing_updates_on_the_website
> more obvious.

We should aim to make this fully automatic soon. The parse-dla.pl script works nicely
when I just download the email from  https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/,
so I guess with a few more lines of code this could be a cron job. However I will
rather take a look at how the DSAs are published again first, because this all feels
like reinventing the wheel at the moment.