Re: recent DLAs not yet on www.debian.org

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 01:22:27PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Holger, I did read
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development#Publishing_updates_on_the_website

I expected that...

> but I have no permission to push to
> https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml
> Someone has to grant all of us write permissions.
> If you want to create merge requests, then it should be mentioned

it is mentioned. though evidently, not visible enough.

> but I don't really
> think that this is an efficient way. I doubt this is the workflow of the security team.

the most efficient way is surely if you were to apply to become a member
of webmaster-team on salsa, so you can push yourself.

that said, (DLA) merge requests are usually merged very quickly by
either some "real" webmaster-team members and then I also check those
merge requests daily (and merge them if needed).

I'm not sure how DSAs end up in webwml.git, indeed the commits are not
coming from the people releasing the DSAs. If someone wants to work on
improving the tooling/automatisation this is surely welcome.

For now, I've made LTS/Development#Publishing_updates_on_the_website
more obvious.

--
tschau,
	Holger