Re: the way to enigmail: gnupg 2.1 backport considerations

On 2018-11-13 18:41:47, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> I can think of two options:
>
> 1) Ship them in a private dir (e.g. /usr/lib/gnupg2/), and link them to those
> libs. Then ld should add an RPATH, otherwise an LD_LIBRARY_PATH hack could be used.
>
> 2) Statically link the libraries into gpg2

But then that means double the work to maintain those libraries in the
future, with duplicate code copies and all.

What are we actually worried about regarding those libs? They are only
used by gnupg, really - gnutls uses nettle now - so the one thing they
would break would be gnupg 1.4...

Maybe we could just test that and see where it brings us instead of
mangling those libraries? :)

A.

--
Brief is this existence, as a fleeting visit in a strange house.
The path to be pursued is poorly lit by a flickering consciousness.