Re: #860064 dnsmasq will not start after dns-root-data upgrade

tags 860064 -stretch
thanks

Am 19.07.2018 um 19:34 schrieb Adam D. Barratt:

>> Please explain how the file was changed in stretch on that date.
>> Specifically, which version of dns-root-data was updated, from which
>> version.
>>
>> Sorry to keep going on about this, but there wasn't a dns-root-data
>> update in the stretch point release that occurred on June 24th, so
>> I'm very confused as to what effect you're apparently seeing.
>
> To correct myself, there wasn't even a stretch point release on that
> date, just a jessie one. The remainder of my request still stands -
> please provide exact details of the upgrade demonstrating the breakage
> in stretch, including binary package names and before and after
> versions.

Sorry, I have to apologize.

I manage several hundred Debian machines. Most of them are already
stretch. I was shure that one of the two machines which I checked is
stretch, but it is still jessie. I found out when I tried to gather the
data, which you regested:

>From jessie dpkg.log:

2018-06-24 06:49:52 upgrade dns-root-data:all 2017072601~deb8u1
2017072601~deb8u2

So. Sorry again. The bug is really only in jessie and it came with the
update of dns-root-data for jessie on 2018-06-24.

So hopefully the Debian-LTS team can do something about the problem in
Jessie.

Regards
Christoph