Re: #860064 dnsmasq will not start after dns-root-data upgrade

On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 18:23 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 18:42 +0200, Christoph Martin wrote:
> > tags 860064 +stretch
> > tags 860064 +jessie
> > thanks

> > > To re-iterate, no such change has happened recently in stretch.
>
> [...]
> > > The file /usr/share/dns/root.ds was changed in both jessie and
> >
> > stretch
> > with the update at june 24th:
>
> Please explain how the file was changed in stretch on that date.
> Specifically, which version of dns-root-data was updated, from which
> version.
>
> Sorry to keep going on about this, but there wasn't a dns-root-data
> update in the stretch point release that occurred on June 24th, so
> I'm very confused as to what effect you're apparently seeing.

To correct myself, there wasn't even a stretch point release on that
date, just a jessie one. The remainder of my request still stands -
please provide exact details of the upgrade demonstrating the breakage
in stretch, including binary package names and before and after
versions.

Regards,

Adam