Re: RFC: Peculiar dependency change in graphicsmagick

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:22:51PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:

> It's more like a handling error. When I use gbp like that:
>
> ARCH=amd64 git-buildpackage --git-dist=wheezy
>
> the build will fail in debian/rules line 31 because the
> hardening-includes package does not exist in Sid anymore. What I am
> trying to do is to build graphicsmagick in a clean cowbuilder
> environment and in wheezy hardening-includes is of course still
> existent, so I wouldn't expect this error in the first place. There must
> be a way to tell gbp to ignore line 31 but I haven't figured out how do
> it yet.

You need to append -nc, like this:

gbp buildpackage --git-dist=wheezy -nc

It tells gbp to pass on to dpkg-buildpackage to not execute the clean
target.  Of course, you need to make sure that your working directory is
actually clean.

Regards,

-Roberto

--