Re: Regression problem, call for advice Re: Call for advice and testing of nss (and nspr) and intention to upload correction
- To: Ola Lundqvist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Ben Hutchings <email@example.com>, Balint Reczey <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Guido Günther <email@example.com>, Debian LTS <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Maintainers of Mozilla-related packages <email@example.com>, Mike Hommey <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Florian Weimer <email@example.com>, "J. R. Okajima" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jiří Jánský <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Regression problem, call for advice Re: Call for advice and testing of nss (and nspr) and intention to upload correction
- From: Mike Hommey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 07:44:14 +0900
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] CABY6=0nBSxgRXSjm0mY8DCReHE-nF7nbzB8Fbk5kJ5Vso1HsFw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <[🔎] CABY6=0nBSxgRXSjm0mY8DCReHE-nF7nbzB8Fbk5kJ5Vso1HsFw@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 11:37:29PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi Ben, Balint and others
> I'd like to have some advice on this regression.
> 1) Is this worth investigating?
> - Chrome is not supported, however we have now made it to crash. Ben
> obviously like that but maybe others do not have the same opinion.
> 2) Is this severe enough for me to revert the nss 3.26 upload?
> If yes, how do I do that in the best way? I can not easily replace the
> .orig file, but I can make a version without an orig file maybe. And
> replace the source with the old one. Not sure how I should name the
> versions in that case.
> 3) If we think it is worth investigating do anyone have a good idea on how
> to do that. This is a multi-threaded program and gdb did not really help.
> When I run strace chrome fails as I'm running it with strace... So I end up
> in another problem. The only remaining thing seem to be to add quite a few
> printf statements. I'll do that tomorrow unless someone have told me to do