Re: Security update of firefox-esr for Wheezy

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> > Shall we mark gcc-4.8 as unsupported in wheezy, explaining that its only
> > purpose is to enable build of other packages?
>
> That would make sense.
>
> I'll see if I can take a look at this.

The problematic part is likely libstdc++. I would expect the new gcc to
assume that you have the corresponding libstdc++.

Mike once told that Firefox has special code to avoid the increased
dependency but that might not be the case of other packages that we might
want to build with a newer gcc.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer