Re: Wheezy LTS - apt error with recent apache2 update - monit issue?

Thanks for looking.

This is a server that's was running Squeeze, now Wheezy. I saw the
warnings :

> > insserv: warning: script 'K02klogd' missing LSB tags and overrides
> > insserv: warning: script 'K04sysklogd' missing LSB tags and overrides
> > insserv: warning: script 'sysklogd' missing LSB tags and overrides
> > insserv: warning: script 'modutils' missing LSB tags and overrides
> > insserv: warning: script 'klogd' missing LSB tags and overrides

but thought that this :

> > insserv: There is a loop between service monit and modutils if stopped
> > insserv:  loop involving service modutils at depth 2
> > insserv:  loop involving service monit at depth 1
> > insserv: Stopping modutils depends on monit and therefore on system
> > facility `$all' which can not be true!
> > insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!

was different and a bit more serious.

I can look at editing the various scripts etc. and seeing if I can fix
them up better. I don't want things to be fragile and cause updates to
fail. Maybe I'll look to upgrade the server to stable.

Cheers,

Alastair

--
Alastair Sherringham