Re: xen_4.1.6.1-1+deb7u2.dsc

Hello Bastian,

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:13:01AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Jul 2016, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > In my tests this backport works with live migration.  Can someone else
> > > give it a try?
> > > https://github.com/credativ/xen-lts/tree/lts-4.1-xsa-97
> > If you expect people to test, you should provide packages ready to install.
>
> I asked, I did not expect.

I'm not sure what this means. You are free to ask but if having testers is
a condition for you to be able to finish your work, then you should state
it explicitly. In the LTS team we often ask for testers on this list but we
rarely get answers....

> > But I would rather only sollicit end users for tests on a fully updated
> > package that we want to release and not on some intermediary status...
>
> That's why I asked on -lts, a developer list.

-lts is a mixed list with LTS users and with LTS developers

> > So I would suggest that you go for this and provide some Xen tree free
> > of known security issues, then Brian (or someone else) can build test
> > packages and we can ask some users to test the update.
>
> All security problems affecting the hypervisor itself are fixed in here:
> https://github.com/credativ/xen-lts/tree/lts-staging-4.1

Why does
https://github.com/credativ/xen-lts/blob/lts-status/security-status.md
still have lots of question marks?

What are we waiting to get a security release out?

Note that I'm not a Xen user and not a Xen developer. I don't know much
about Xen and I'm not in a position to test your work. Many of us are in
a similar position and if we decided to outsource the work to Credativ,
it's because we want you to take care of fixing and testing.

The LTS team would like to have to handle only the administrative work of
publishing a DLA.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Did you get the chance to look at this source?

No, cf above. What would you want us to look at?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer