Re: xen_4.1.6.1-1+deb7u2.dsc

Hi Raphael

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:13:01AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2016, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > In my tests this backport works with live migration.  Can someone else
> > give it a try?
> > https://github.com/credativ/xen-lts/tree/lts-4.1-xsa-97
> If you expect people to test, you should provide packages ready to install.

I asked, I did not expect.

> But I would rather only sollicit end users for tests on a fully updated
> package that we want to release and not on some intermediary status...

That's why I asked on -lts, a developer list.

> So I would suggest that you go for this and provide some Xen tree free
> of known security issues, then Brian (or someone else) can build test
> packages and we can ask some users to test the update.

All security problems affecting the hypervisor itself are fixed in here:

https://github.com/credativ/xen-lts/tree/lts-staging-4.1

There exists some pre-release hypervisor images built from this source:
04f2e87bb2e81d914b5b50b82e5cb8d2a24348bf96b4c265f12a7b5fc3f6daec https://korts.credativ.com/~bbl/xen/xen-4.1-x86_32.gz
7a3497767b2bb7b085975891b8e13d799c622b6b6cc6192130192976e18b34b5 https://korts.credativ.com/~bbl/xen/xen-4.1-x86_64.gz

Regards,
Bastian

--
The heart is not a logical organ.
		-- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4