Title: Wheezy LTS with armel and armhf support
Date: 2016-05-18 15:51
Author: Markus Koschany
Tags: Wheezy, LTS

Wheezy's [LTS](https://wiki.debian.org/LTS) period started a few weeks
ago and more than thirty updates [have been
announced](https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/) so far.

Thanks to our sponsors and to the help from Debian's buildd maintainers
and FTP Team we are excited to announce that two new architectures are
supported in Wheezy LTS. In addition to **i386** and **amd64** users of
**armel** and **armhf** will also receive two more years of extended
security support.

More information about how to use Debian Long Term Support and other
important changes regarding Wheezy LTS are available at
[LTS/Using](https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using) and
[LTS/Wheezy](https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Wheezy).