Re: Draft for bits.debian.org regarding armel and armhf support

Am 18.05.2016 um 12:33 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> On Wed, 18 May 2016, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> I just wondered whether we should also include the info that openjdk6
>> will very soon be deprecated and users should update to openjdk7? As
>> evident from this list, even LTS contributors missed this change, so I
>> assume there will be many users too, who have missed this.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I don't think it's needed. It has been widely announced (in
> https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160425,
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2016/05/msg00007.html)
> and it's also documented in debian-security-support.

Thanks for your comments. I will update the draft and send it to the
Publicity Team. I also think that we have sufficiently communicated the
switch to OpenJDK 7, there was even another announcement when I updated
the java-common package. One link also points to our wiki page
LTS/Wheezy. I think that should do it.

Regards,

Markus