Re: About debian-security-support

Am 04.05.2016 um 21:07 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
[...]
>> 2. Should it be uploaded to wheezy-security even if it doesn't fix any
>>    security fix? Or does the wheezy queue in ftp-master still works
>>    (with ftp-masters' participation)?
>
> We were aware that we would have some non-security uploads to make and
> that we would have to abuse wheezy-security for this. So it's OK to upload
> there (just like Markus did for all the java fixups for OpenJDK 8).
>
> Another possibility since wheezy's final point release did not happen yet
> is that you work with release managers to get this into wheezy-p-u and
> then wheezy-updates... it's possibly cleaner but requires more work from
> all parties.

I also thought that fixing the Java packages via a point release would
be the better and cleaner solution but the release team were quite
reluctant and there is the chance that you will spend more time with
bureaucracy than with fixing bugs. [1] So I would suggest to cut out the
middleman and upload it to wheezy-security directly.

Markus

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=819247