Re: xen debdiff

On 2016-05-03 04:07:08, Brian May wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Raphael Hertzog asked me to post the debdiff of the Ubuntu package I am
> working on here.
>
> He had some concerns with using the Ubuntu version like this. In
> particular Ubuntu does some things differently with respect to init.d
> scripts, has a different changelog, and there are some changes other
> changes here that may not be security related.
>
> He probably does have some valid points.
>
> As a result it might be better to continue my previous efforts of
> porting the security fixes to the version of Xen in Debian wheezy.
>
> On the other hand the version in Ubuntu is tried and tested and possibly
> less risk of me breaking something.
>
> Or I could just leave xen for now and let somebody more experienced with
> Xen take over.
>
> What do other people hear think?

I also agree with Raphael in principle. Having worked myself on this
package, I can see it was a really confusing and difficult experience,
so I understand where you're coming from as well.

I can give this another go tomorrow, by importing the new upstream into
the wheezy package and merge the Ubuntu patches in.

A.

--
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature
                        - Mario S F Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>