Re: LTS Frontdesk duties

On 2016-04-21 04:48:26, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Santiago Ruano Rincón wrote:
>> We need to schedule the next cycles of Frontdesk duties. I don't know if
>> Raphaël want to do it (with his Freexian's hat on?), but we could also
>> take the slots by ourselves. I am up to be on Frontdesk next week (25-04
>> to 01-05).
>
> I would love if everybody could take "slots" by themselves but my
> experience has shown that it doesn't work so well over a relatively
> large team.
>
> So someone has to make an initial assignment and let people fix it up
> afterwards in case of conflicts, it doesn't have to be me though. My
> Freexian hat doesn't give me any special power here (though I have used
> my hat to say that LTS frontdesk is part of the duties of paid
> contributors).
>
> So I suggest you to go ahead and do assignations. If you want to let
> people pick weeks by themselves, just do it for a few days and then
> arbitrarily assign the remaining weeks.

I agree this will not scale. We should just have some script that
shuffles a list for the year once and be done with it.

I'd be glad to generate the list if no one else steps up.

A.

--
Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when
this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is