Re: Supporting armel/armhf in wheezy-lts

Am 18.04.2016 um 08:45 schrieb Guido Günther:
[...]
> I'm all for it (although it's easy to say for me since the most burden
> will probably be on the kernel team) and having it as experimental with
> a single sponsor seems sensible.

+1 from my side too. I guess I'm one of those armel hobbyists and I
could test the software even on real hardware.

> I assume the level of sponsorship offered is reasonable to support an
> arm port? I still wonder how we could would make it simpler to have this
> support end up at the right places (i.e. LTS gets the sponsorship while
> other teams like release team, security team also have additional work)?

I also think that the opinions of the kernel team / Ben are crucial if
we want to support ARM in the future. Otherwise I would expect that
supporting ARM scales pretty well and that it mainly requires more time
for testing the software.

Speaking of the security team and release team, what about the ftp team
and the upcoming switch to Wheezy-LTS. Raphaël wrote [1] that the switch
would be easy according to one of the ftp masters. Is there anything
that we should take care of / coordinate with the ftp team before April,
26th?

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2016/02/msg00130.html