Re: wheezy-security to wheezy-lts transition

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 06:42:20PM +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
> Hi Adam,
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 02:27:27PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > [apologies to anyone who's ended up with three copies of this; the
> > original got eaten due to a misconfiguration on my side - please only
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > As I understand it, the plan is for wheezy-lts to re-use
> > security.d.o:wheezy/updates directly, rather than a separate suite on
> > ftp-master. Is that correct?
>
> I think so. See
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=prep-wheezy-lts;users=debian-lts@lists.debian.org

While these two are long-standing enhancement bugs which would make
the security team work much easier, they are unrelated to the plan
outlined above.

That plan was mentioned during the DebConf BoF, but I'm not aware that anyone
is working on that and I'm unsure whether it's feasible to implement in time?

Especially since even far simpler changes like the two mentioned above are
open for quite a long time.

Cheers,
        Moritz