Re: squeeze update of chrony?

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 08:50:19AM +0100, Paul Gevers wrote:
Hi Vincent,

Hey,

On 08-02-16 18:23, Vincent Blut wrote:
That’s the plan, yes. By the way, I’ll contact you in the next few days
to review 2.2.1-1 which is mostly ready.

Ok. Please be aware that I might not be able to act on the review this week.

And although this vulnerability is tagged as no-dsa, you can still
prepare a point release update and communicate with the RT to get it in.

Yes, I’ll fix this in jessie and wheezy.

Great.

PS: did you on purpose not create a squeeze-lts branch in your git repo?

Well, do you have any tips to properly handle this? I guess using
"gbp import-dsc" would do the trick but…

Yes, with proper arguments to do this on the right branch. I would first
branch on the right place and only import the missing releases. I
believe there are even options to pull straight from snapshot.debian.org
(but I have never used those before).

Ok, it’s done. Please could you review and eventually upload if everything is good for you? Note that the concerned branch is *squeeze-lts* and the chrony-1.24 upstream tarball is in a branch named *upstream-1.24*.

P.S. I’d like to apologize for my “long” silence, but I’m facing a
shitstorm IRL. :-/

NP. Take care of whatever you need to take care of. The note is
appreciated though, such that "we" can act on it if needed.

Thanks for your kind words, Paul!

Paul

Cheers,
Vincent