Re: imagemagick

Hello Security Team,

As a contributor to squeeze-lts, it was suggested that I contact the
security team for advise on how to handle the security updates for
imagemagick in squeeze-lts.

As per my email to debian LTS (below), I identified five patches from
the unstable version which look relevant:

0069-Fixed-memory-leak-when-reading-incorrect-PSD-files.patch
0070-Fix-PixelColor-off-by-one-on-i386.patch
0071-Prevent-null-pointer-access-in-magick-constitute.c.patch
0072-Fixed-out-of-bounds-error-in-SpliceImage.patch
0073-Fixed-memory-leaks.patch

I have been advised each of these issues should have its own CVE.

I have also been advised that the memory leaks aren't worth bothering
with, so that leaves 0070, 0071, and 0072 that we would need to deal with.

Out of this, only the 0071 patch applies cleanly to the version in
squeeze.

I also note that a number of security issues concerning imagemagick have
been marked no-DSA for wheezy and jessie.

What would you advise for these issues?

Also I note that a number of security issues fixed in squeeze-lts don't
have assigned CVEs - is this something that needs rectifying?

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>