Re: Packages with issues against mysql-5.5 and dbconfig-common (was: Testing mysql-5.5 on squeeze)

El 27/11/15 a las 14:43, Raphael Hertzog escribió:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2015, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > why not? DLA means "Debian LTS Announcement" and I think it's worthwhile to
> > document all changes somewhere, exactly because it's oldoldstable, so normally
> > doesn't change. So announcing this via a DLA seems entirely approbriate to me.
>
> Just to be clear, I want to announce this via debian-lts-announce but not
> associate it to any DLA number because DLA means "a security issue has been
> fixed" which is not the case here.

I thought that too, but the examples of DSA given by Holger in IRC:
DSA 2938-1, DSA 2907-1, DSA 2819-1 and DSA 2548-1 show that A DLA could
be also needed and appropriate.

It seems that lwn.net can handle this: https://lwn.net/Articles/595312/

> > Or, alternativly, why not include the news about these packages being also
> > updated in the DLA for the mysql-5.5 update?
>
> We could do that, I just fear that there will a delay between the uploads
> of the fixed packages and the final upload of mysql-5.5 and we will get
> questions before then...

I share this feeling.

Cheers,

Santiago