Re: Packages with issues against mysql-5.5 and dbconfig-common (was: Testing mysql-5.5 on squeeze)

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015, Holger Levsen wrote:
> why not? DLA means "Debian LTS Announcement" and I think it's worthwhile to
> document all changes somewhere, exactly because it's oldoldstable, so normally
> doesn't change. So announcing this via a DLA seems entirely approbriate to me.

Just to be clear, I want to announce this via debian-lts-announce but not
associate it to any DLA number because DLA means "a security issue has been
fixed" which is not the case here.

(BTW I'm not sure if it means "Debian LTS Advisory" or "Debian LTS
Announce")

And there are bots handling DLA to auto-publish news about possible
security issues... for example on lwn.net. And I don't think this is
appropriate.

> Or, alternativly, why not include the news about these packages being also
> updated in the DLA for the mysql-5.5 update?

We could do that, I just fear that there will a delay between the uploads
of the fixed packages and the final upload of mysql-5.5 and we will get
questions before then...

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer