Re: Volunteers to handle embargoed security issues

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 10:37:54AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello Laszlo,
>
> On Wed, 02 Sep 2015, László Böszörményi (GCS) wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > > I'm going to request a new lts@security.debian.org alias pointing to a
> > > few LTS volunteers who are willing to handle embargoed security updates.
> > [...]
> > > So, who is willing to be added on this alias?
> >  I already working on several security issues and sent out three (one
> > for LTS and two for stable) DSAs. Count me in.
>
> Thanks for volunteering! But with an history of a single DLA (and on your
> own package), I don't think that you're ready for this task, yet.
>
> You probably have the required skills but it takes a bit of time to build
> trust and to see that you're committed to doing regular LTS work, because being
> on this alias is really about this: making sure we prepare security
> updates when we get advance notifications.
>
> We can certainly reconsider this in a few months if you continue
> contributing like you did recently. Thanks for your work, BTW!

Laszlo, you don't need to be on the lts@ alias, it's only meant as an
address to send private security information which is related for LTS.

Since you're in the process of joining the security team, we'll add you
to the team@security.debian.org alias soon. As such, you will have all
that information anyway.

Cheers,
        Moritz