Re: Volunteers to handle embargoed security issues

Hello Laszlo,

On Wed, 02 Sep 2015, László Böszörményi (GCS) wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > I'm going to request a new lts@security.debian.org alias pointing to a
> > few LTS volunteers who are willing to handle embargoed security updates.
> [...]
> > So, who is willing to be added on this alias?
>  I already working on several security issues and sent out three (one
> for LTS and two for stable) DSAs. Count me in.

Thanks for volunteering! But with an history of a single DLA (and on your
own package), I don't think that you're ready for this task, yet.

You probably have the required skills but it takes a bit of time to build
trust and to see that you're committed to doing regular LTS work, because being
on this alias is really about this: making sure we prepare security
updates when we get advance notifications.

We can certainly reconsider this in a few months if you continue
contributing like you did recently. Thanks for your work, BTW!

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer