bin/genDLA proposal: auto-commit requested DLA numbers (was: Re: [SECURITY] [DLA 265-1] unattended-upgrades security update)

Hi all,

On  Fr 03 Jul 2015 13:49:29 CEST, Mike Gabriel wrote:

Can this svn commit for the DLA number not be done within bin/genDLA ?

Well... Actually it could. Good point. Let me get some feedback from the security team as genDLA is a symlink to genDSA which is the main tool used by the security team.

I just discussed this with Moritz Mühlenhoff on #debian-security. His request is to leave all genDSA specific stuff in the genD{S,L}A script untouched.

For the LTS workflow, we could consider this:

  (a) Adding option --commit which does the SVN commit directly,
      only available if also --save is given
  (b) Commit directly, if --save is given. Allow old functionality
      of --save in conjunction with a new option --no-commit.

Feedback, thoughts?

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM